By Chef Vincent Tropepe
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 lb baby red delight potatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 8 small chicken thigh cutlets (skin on), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Combine garlic, ginger, chilli powder (if using), thyme, oregano, stock, and lemon and orange juice in a pitcher
- Step 3 Cut thick slices into the top of each potato, being careful not to cut the whole way through.
- Step 4 Sprinkle onion over the base of a 12-cup-capacity roasting pan. Top with chicken. Arrange potatoes in between chicken pieces. Pour stock mixture over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Top with orange and lemon slices. Drizzle with oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Bake for 50 minutes, basting with stock mixture during cooking. Add beans, pushing into stock mixture. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are golden and cooked through. Serve sprinkled with extra thyme and oregano.