By Chef Vincent Tropepe
- 1 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds, divided
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place 1 cup of almonds in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.*
3. Place the ground almonds, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the egg and almond extract and mix another minute.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
7. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Place one almond in the middle of each cookie.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Cool and serve