By Chef Vincent Tropepe
- For the Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar (white granulated)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean (split, seeds scraped)
- For the Cocktail:
- 2 ounces Gin
- 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon allspice dram
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce cinnamon syrup
- 3 drops cherry bark vanilla bitters
- 2 drops cardamom bitters
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 slice lemon peel (flamed)
Steps to Make It
Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, this cocktail is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for preparation and assembly.
Make the Cinnamon Syrup
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla bean and seeds, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat. Allow it to cool before straining out the cinnamon and vanilla, then bottling. Refrigerate for up to three months.
Make the Poinsettia Punch
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, combine the gin, raspberry liqueur, allspice dram, lemon juice, and cinnamon syrup. Add all of the bitters.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled glass with a single large ice cube
- Flame a 2-inch piece of lemon peel, wipe it around the rim of the glass, then drop it in as a garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!