By Chef Vincent Tropepe
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar, unfiltered
- 1 cupBrown sugar
- 1/2 tspGround cloves
- 2Cinnamon sticks
- 10Dried figs, chopped
- 12 oz bagFresh cranberries
- 1Small jalapeno, seeded, minced (roughly 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cupApple, peeled, cored and diced
- In a heavy sauce pan set over medium-high heat, bring the apple cider vinegar and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar dissolves 2-3 minutes.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, figs, cranberries, jalapeno and apple. Bring back up to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until fruit is soft, stirring occasionally.
**Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Pairs well with most cheeses.