Here is a delicious and fantastic way to use all those Twix bars you have left over from Halloween.
1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
5 T. butter
5 T. sugar
24 ounces soft cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 package of Twix mini bars, smashed (6)
3 extra mini bars to crumble for top garnish
½ c. heavy cream
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate bars or milk chocolate (warning: milk doesn’t set up as firm as semi)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix crust ingredients and press into sides and bottom of 9×13 inch pan lined with nonstick foil.
- Bake 10 mins and let cool.
- Lower temp to 300.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on low to combine.
- Add flour.
- Add sour cream.
- Add one egg at a time and vanilla.
- Fold in smashed candies.
- Pour into crust.
- Drop pan gently on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven but leave cake in the oven with door closed for 30 more mins.
- Remove, cool and chill.
- Microwave cream until almost at a boil in a micro safe bowl.
- Remove and add the chocolate in broken pieces.
- Cover with a paper towel 2 mins.
- Whisk smooth and pour onto cold cheesecake.
- Return to fridge until set.
- Sprinkle candies on while top still tacky.