By Chef Vincent Tropepe
Here are some fun eye opening facts about Halloween candy consumption.
- Children would have to play for two days straight to burn off the calories in the average amount of candy collected on Halloween.
- It would take a 100 pound child 44 hours of walking or 15 hours of playing full court basketball to burn off the average amount of calories in candy collected on Halloween.
- A standard pillow case hold about 1,600 pieces of candy when fully stuffed.
- Studies show that children can consumer up to three cups of sugar eating Halloween candy that is equally to almost 170 sugar cubes.
- The candy that is sold the most during Halloween is Skittles.
- Hershey’s Chocolates begin producing it Halloween specific candy up to six months in advance to ensure they meet demand.
- This year it is predicted that American’s will spend about $2.6 Billion on Halloween Candy
- 172 million people in The United States celebrate Halloween and 95% make candy purchases for trick or treaters.
- Only 49% of people and candy consumers find candy corn to be tasty.
- Despite how unpopular Candy Corn is 35 million pounds of Candy Corn are still produced each year.
- If Candy Corn kernels sold during Halloween were laid out end to end they would circle the earth over 4 times.
- It is estimated that 300,000 tons of candy are sold during Halloween, that is equivalent to 6 Titanic ships worth of sweets.
- During the week of Halloween Americans purchase 90 million pounds of chocolate.
- Although candy consumption and purchasing is a staple of Halloween Easter is still the holiday that even more candy is made, purchased and given as gifts.