Tarte Tatin Recipe
- 2 Kg, Apples
- 250 gms., Powdered Sugar
- 100 gms. + 40 gms., Butter
- 1 sheet, all butter Puff Pastry
- Cinnamon Powder
- Peel and core apples, then cut them into fourths.
- Make the caramel sauce in a pan that’s high enough to also accommodate the tart: add powdered sugar, bring to a gentle boil, and mix until thick with butter.
- As soon as the caramel starts to brown, remove the pan from heat. Immerse the bottom of the pan in cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Place the apples in the bottom of the pan; organize the pattern however you see fit.
- Sprinkle your new layer of apples with cinnamon; evenly distribute small cubes of salted butter on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan and cover with puff pastry.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for another 25 minutes.
- Take out and allow it to cool.
- Remove the tart from the pan by sliding a dish larger than the circumference of the pan over the top, and then carefully flipping the tart over so the pastry is on the bottom.