Orange Cake Recipe
- 160 gms. Powdered Sugar
- 160 gms. Butter, softened, plus more for cake pan
- 4 Egg whites and yolk, separated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 160 gms. Refined Flour, sifted, plus more for cake pan
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- With a whisk, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in egg yolks, orange zest and juice. Then add flour and baking powder.
- Fold in whipped egg whites until the mixture is combined.
- Transfer batter to the cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.