Green Pea Spaghetti wityh Iberian Ham Recipe
- 160 grams of Iberico Ham, Cut into small dices
- 1 Onion, Cut into small dices
- 1 Tomato, Roughly chopped
- 7 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 liters Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 600 grams Spaghetti
- 500 grams shelled fresh English Peas
- 200 grams Iberico Ham, Thinly sliced and cut into fine strips
- To make sauce, sweat the diced ham and onion together over low heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for a minute more before adding the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the cream and butter until incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Now bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt.
- Add the shelled peas and cook for 1 minute. Remove the peas with a sieve or slotted spoon and set aside in a large bowl.
- Return the pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- When the spaghetti are cooked, drain in a colander.
- And add them to the bowl with the peas.
- Add the reserved sauce and strips of ham and toss to combine.
- Your pasta is ready.
Recipe by Chef Stephanie Le Quellec