Diamond Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/3 Cups Refined Flour
- 225 Grams Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Demerara Sugar
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the Demerara sugar and mix to combine.
- Shape the dough into a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter, then roll it with wax or parchment paper to create a ”sausage”.
- Transfer to a fridge to chill, until firm.
- When the dough is firm enough to slice, remove the paper and cut into coins about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Once coins are cut, dip them into a bowl with the demerara sugar, pressing lightly to coat one side in a layer of sugar.
- Transfer to a greased sheet pan, sugar side up.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are brown at the edges.