Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 2 Cans of 28 oz canned Tomatoes (peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Large Onion, Julienne
- 6 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1/8th Cup Olive oil
- Salt, Chilly Flakes and Black Pepper for Taste
- In a stockpot, over medium low heat, add oil and warm thoroughly. Add Onions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sweat Onions until soft and translucent, avoiding any scorching or color (10-12 minutes).
- Add garlic, sweat for additional 3 minutes, being sure not to burn the garlic at all.
- Add torn Basil leave and Chilly flakes for a little kick. allow to wilt for 2 minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste and cook off for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high; deglaze the pot with red wine. Reduce by half, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Return heat to medium low and add the canned tomatoes.
- Cook on medium low heat for 90 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and using an blender, blend the sauce until fine.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Your marinara sauce is ready.