300 gms. Boneless Chicken legs
2 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
¾ tsp. Kashmiri red chilly powder
1 tsp. Lemon juice
Salt to taste
To prepare Second Marination:-
3-4 tbsp. Cooking oil
2 tbsp. besan
1 cup hung curd
1 tsp. Kashmiri red chilly powder
1 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp. ajwain seeds
½ tsp. Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1. Chop boneless chicken to uniform cubes.
2. Prepare marinade with ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilly powder, salt and lemon juice.
3. Dip the chicken pieces in marinade, mix well.
4. Keep it aside for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a fry pan.
6. Add ajwain seeds and gram flour.
7. Keep the flame in low and sauté for few minutes, till rich aroma arise. (take care the gram flour doesn’t get burnt )
8. Turn off flame.
9. Add it to a bowl containing hung curd.
10. Mix well and add kashmiri red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and garam masala powder.
11. Mix thoroughly the hang curd mixture with a whisk until it turns to smooth paste.
12. Add 1 to 2 tbsp. of cooking oil to it and combine.
13. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the mixture.
14. Let it rest for 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator.
15. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 to 20 mins. (to avoid getting burnt)
16. Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the skewer one by one and keep ready.
17. Pre-heat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature (200 degrees Centigrade).
18. Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to collect the drippings.
19. Roast the chicken until it is browned on all sides and tender.
20. Check if the chicken is cooked and grill for 10 mins, by brushing oil to the surface.
21. Chicken Tikka is ready. Serve hot with mint sauce, lemon wedges and lachcha onions.