100gms. bacon dices
100gms. parmesan cheese, shredded
60 ml. fresh cream
3 yolks of large eggs
350gms. Pasta of your choice
2 garlic clove, chopped
Salt and freshly grated black pepper
1. Put a large saucepan of water on to boil. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl, season with a little freshly grated black pepper and keep aside.
2. Add 1 tsp salt to the boiling water and cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
3. Put the butter into a large wide frying pan and, as soon as the butter has melted, tip in the bacon and garlic. Leave these to cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the bacon is golden and crisp.
4. Add cream and mix. Keep the heat under the sauce on low. Put pasta in the frying pan and stir.
5. Mix most of the cheese with the eggs, keeping a small handful back for sprinkling over later. Take the pan of pasta off the heat. Now quickly pour in the eggs and cheese and, using the tongs or a long fork, lift up the pasta so it mixes easily with the egg mixture, which thickens but doesn’t scramble, and everything is coated. Add extra pasta cooking water to keep it saucy if needed. Season with a little salt, if needed.
6. Serve pasta in a serving plate or bowl. Serve immediately with a little sprinkling of the remaining cheese and black pepper. If the dish does get a little dry before serving, splash in some more hot pasta water and the glossy sauciness will be revived.