Pan Seared salmon served along with candid tomatoes & martini veloute
180 gms. Salmon steak, skin on
2 no. blanched tomatoes, deskinned, deseeded and diced
3 big fresh basil leaves, shredded
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. chilly flakes
1 cup white wine
2 tsp. corriander seeds
½ onion, peeled and sliced
1 tsp. lumpfish roe
2 tbsp. fresh cream
Shredded crispy fried potato, for garnish
Olive oil, for cooking
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- In a pan take wine, onion and corriander seeds and reduce on sim flame until ¼ quantity left.
- To make candid tomatoes take a pan and heat. Add some oil and garlic, cook until garlic is light brown. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, add salt, chilly flakes, sugar and pepper and adjust seasoning. Add 2 basil leaves and mix.
- To make martini veloute in a pan take reduced wine and add cream in it. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Now in a nonstick pan add oil and heat. Place salmon (skin towards pan surface), sprinkle some salt and pepper on it and cover. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid and turn around salmon, cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now in a plate mold candid tomatoes in center. Place salmon on candid tomatoes and pour martini veloute on salmon. Garnish salmon with lumpfish roe, potatoes and shredded basil leaves. Serve immediately.