Oven Roasted Chicken legs served with saffron cooked semolina, butter tossed vegetables
2 chicken legs with skin
1 tsp. mustard
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 ½ tbsp. garlic, minced
Olive oil for marination and cooking
2 tbsp. semolina
1 cup milk
1 pinch saffron
1 tbsp. parsley chopped
1 tbsp. butter
120 gms. Assorted vegetables (green beans, broccoli, zucchini, tricolor bellpeppers), cut into fancy shapes and blanched
Steak sauce to serve with
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken with ½ tbsp. garlic, mustard, thyme, salt pepper and olive oil. Keep aside.
- Now in a hot nonstick pan take ½ tbsp. butter and ½ tbsp. garlic, stir until becomes light brown. Add semolina and cook for 1 minute. Now keep on adding milk in it and simultaneously stir the semolina with a whisk. Don’t let it stick to the bottom. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasoning. Add some chopped parsley, saffron and mix. Once it becomes thick, take a nonstick tray and spread the whole semolina mixture in it and keep refrigerated for 1 hour. After 1 hour once its set, cut it into desired shape and grill it.
- For butter tossed vegetables, in a hot pan add ½ tbsp. butter and add garlic. Stir until it becomes light brown. Add vegetables and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Now in a very hot nonstick pan grease oil and place chicken on it and cook for 2 minutes. Turn around and cook for another 2 minutes. Place chicken in a baking tray and put inside a 180 degrees centigrade preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat all the accompaniments.
- Now in a plate arrange semolina cakes and vegetables nicely. Place chicken on semolina cakes and pour hot steak sauce over it. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.