BASQUE COUNTRY CHICKEN
Oven roasted Basque country style chicken served with gingered barley, provencal vegetables and red wine steak sauce
2 chicken breast with skin
1 tsp. mustard sauce
2 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Olive oil for marination and cooking
60 gms. Boiled barley
1 tomato, blanched, deskinned, deseeded and diced
1 ½ tsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup assorted vegetables (zucchini, aubergine, tricolor bellpeppers), cut into 1 inches cubes
Chopped parsley for garnish
1 tbsp. red wine
2 tbsp. steak sauce
1 spring Fresh rosemary
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- In a bowl marinate chicken with mustard, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- To make gingered barley, heat a pan and oil in this. Add tomatoes and ginger. Stir for sometime. Add barley and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- To make provencal vegetables, take a hot pan and add oil. Add garlic, stir until garlic light brown and add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning and sprinkle some parsley on it.
- To make red wine steak sauce, take a pan and add red wine, steak sauce and rosemary spring in it. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Now in a very hot nonstick pan grease oil and place chicken on it (skin side down) and cook for 2 minutes. Turn around and cook for another 2 minutes. Place chicken in a baking tray and put inside a 180 degrees centigrade preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat all the accompaniments.
- Now in a plate mold gingered barley in centre and arrange provencal vegetables around it. Place and arrange chicken legs on top of gingered barley. Pour sauce on chicken legs, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.