Its an old days story when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will make your health good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment. Following we are letting you know about some health benefits to add salads in your diet.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don’t even need to be repetitive. A little modification and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. ‘Lactucarium’, a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.