400 gms. medium sized prawns, deveined
2 green chilies, slitted
1 cup sliced green bell pepper, cut into triangular shape
1 cup onion, cut into triangular dices
1/2 cup green spring onion, finely sliced
500 ml fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp. white pepper powder
1/2 tsp. Red chili powder
2 tbsp. Corn flour
5 tbsp. refined flour
4 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- In a bowl add prawns, 1 egg, 2 tbsp. Corn flour, 5 tbsp. refined flour, 1/2 tsp. red chilly powder, 1 tsp. salt and mix all ingredients together. Keep batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Deep fry prawns till its golden brown in color. After frying prawns, take it out from the pan and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce orange juice to half in medium heat.
- Take a wok or pan and add some oil, 2 slitted green chilies, 1 cup green capsicum, 1 cup diced onion, 4 tbsp. finely chopped garlic, 2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger and pinch of white pepper powder and stir fry all the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Make CornStarch by adding 1 tbsp. corn flour in orange juice reduction and add it in the wok / pan. Add 1/4 tsp white pepper powder and keep it mixing for 1-2 minutes till sauce become thicker.
- Add prawns and 1/2 cup finely chopped green spring onion and stir fry all the ingredients for 1-2 minutes. Your Orange prawns is now ready to be served.