4 cups rice noodles, soaked
All following ingredients to be grind into a smooth paste:
5 whole dry red chillies
1 ½ tbsp. coriander seeds
½ tsp. black peppercorns
2 tsp. cumin seeds
½ tsp. turmeric powder
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. freshly grated coconut
2 tsp. ginger, chopped
2 tbsp. poppy seeds
1 tbsp. cashewnut, chopped
3 tbsp. oil
2 bay leaves
8 curry leaves
½ cup onions, finely chopped
¾ cup tomatoes, finely chopped
500 gms. Chicken boneless, cut into small pieces
2 ½ cups coconut milk
Salt to taste
½ cup garlic, sliced
1 cup thinly sliced onions
¼ cup split field beans, soaked for 3 hours and drained
Oil for deep-frying
½ cup spring onions, finely chopped
¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
Dry red chilly flakes
Salt to taste
- To make curry, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bay leaves, curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in color.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Now add the chicken, coconut milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame until chicken is cooked, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- To make garnishes, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame, lower the flame, add the garlic and deep-fry on a slow flame till they turn brown in color. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same hot oil, add the onions and deep-fry on a slow flame till they turn brown in color. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same hot oil, add the split field beans and deep-fry on a slow flame till they turn brown in color. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Divide the curry into 4 equal portions. Keep aside. Take 1 cup of rice noodles in a serving bowl, top it with one portion of the prepared curry evenly over it. Garnish it with little fried onions, fried split field beans, fried garlic, and spring onions evenly over it. Finally sprinkle coriander, chilly flakes, little salt and lemon juice. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more servings. Serve immediately.