HOMEMADE GOAT CHEESE
1 litre Goat’s Milk
1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
Herbs of your choice for flavoring
Salt to taste
- Slowly heat the milk in a clean stainless-steel until it reaches 180 F to 185 F (You can use a thermometer). Gentle bubbles should be forming and the surface should look foamy. Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and using a stainless-steel spoon stir the milk. Let the milk sit for 10 minutes. The milk should curdle and become slightly thicker on the surface.
- Line a colander with two layers of damp muslin cloth. Now gently pour the milk into the muslin cloth, then gather the muslin cloth up around the milk and tie it into a bundle.
- Hang the bundle over a pot so the liquid can drip out. Let the cheese drain for at least 1 1/2 hour. Open the bundle, place the cheese in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Add seasoning and herbs and mix in the cheese. Now by using your hands shape the cheese or you can use shaping molds.
- Place in a refrigerator for 2 hours and enjoy. You can store this cheese refrigerated for a week.