Mini pizza for finger snacks
For pizza dough:
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 tbsp. dry yeast
1 tbsp. sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp. oil
3 ½ cups Refined flour
For tomato sauce:
6 nos. Roma tomatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ tbsp. minced garlic
½ onion, minced
6 nos. fresh basil leaves
1 pinch dried oregano
Chilly flakes to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Sugar to taste
Chopped tricolor bell pepper
200 gms. Mozzarella, grated
For pizza dough:
- Mix yeast, sugar and salt with lukewarm water in a bowl and keep aside until foam forms on the surface.
- Once foam is formed on the surface of water, add water into refined flour and make a smooth dough out of it. Add olive oil and mix it well.
- Now cover the dough with a clean wet cotton cloth and keep in room temperature.
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water and remove the skin.
- Now in hot saucepan add olive oil, add garlic and onions and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Cut blanched tomatoes in ¼ and add into the pan, cook until tomatoes become tender.
- Cool down the tomatoes in pan and make a puree out of it in a blender.
- Again transfer the puree in pan and cook in sim. Shred basil leaves and add into the sauce and let it cook until it becomes thick. Adjust seasoning with chilly flakes, salt, pepper and sugar.
For pizza Base:
- Preheat oven in 240 degrees centigrade.
- Make 3 inches sized bases out of dough and place on a baking tray and put in the oven. Bake for 2 minutes and take out.
- Spread sauce on pizza bases evenly (1/2 tbsp. sauce for each).
- Put bell peppers and jalapenos on top of each base and cover with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 4 minutes in oven on 240 degrees centigrade and serve hot.