FISH & CHIPS
Crumb fried basa fish steak served with fried potato chips (French fries)
400 gms. Basa steak, 3 into 1 ½ inches
Dried bread crumbs to coat the fish
Refined oil for deep frying
1 tbsp. mustard Dijon
1 whole egg
1 large lemon juice
Little lemon zest
2 pinch fresh thyme
1 tsp. paprika powder
3 tbsp. refined flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Tartare sauce to serve with (for recipe see dips & sauces)
- Strain any access water from fish as basa contains lot of water in it. Keep all steak on dry cotton cloth to make it more dry and keep aside.
- In a bowl make marination by mixing egg, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, paprika, refined flour, salt and pepper. Add fish into marination, mix it well and keep in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a fryer to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Coat fish with bread crumb nicely and deep fry until golden brown. Fry chips until golden brown.
- Place in a plate and serve with tartar sauce and mustard.